GreenA is the ESD consultant for this Green Mark Platinum (SLEB) project.
NUS Techno Edge is designed for a 4 storey canteen and institutional use building, located inside NUS campus between the engineering and School of Design faculty.
The building utilizes Passive and active strategies as well as on-site solar generation to achieve SLED statues.
Level 1 is designed for AC and NV canteen areas with food stalls whereas levels 2 and 3 are designated institutional areas with functions like reading, consulting, and meeting rooms with open deck and landscape.
- Environment study showing the impact of the development on the environment and how it is planned to enhance the surrounding environment.
- Energy-efficient air-conditioning systems and components are able to achieve 20% improvement as compared to the baseline.
- At least 50% of energy savings as compared to notional building
- Solar ready roof with structural, electrical, and spatial readiness taken into consideration.
- The AC canteen features automatic doors with air curtains to prevent hot air infiltration. Fan assisted cooling is also implemented
- The NV canteen is installed with HVLS fans for thermal comfort in the dining area and has a PMV of = +0.5 @ 1.2m/s average wind speed. (Simulated)