Weil Hotel (4-Star Hotel)
The Weil Hotel- Ipoh's first Green Sojourn
Artists' impression of The Weil Hotel
GreenA Consultants was the lead consultant on this project
The Weil Hotel was built on and around an abandoned 7 storey structure, saving 1200 kg of carbon emission through the conservation of a structure (equivalent to saving 300 trees!) with 8 new stories added. Spanning across 580.000 sq.ft., the Weil Hotel and Ipoh Town Club will incorporate the following environmental design:
- 35% savings in water and energy consumption through installation of efficient water and electrical fittings.
- Conventional building materials substituted with light structures such as dry wall and steel to lower material consumption of the building.
- Chillers represent the single largest electrical load in most facilities. Apart from achieving 30% in energy savings, hot water is able to be generated through waste heat from the chiller.
- Walls are insulated with high visible light transmittance performance glazing and dual core wall to minimize heat absorption through walls thus lowering cooling requirements.
- Waste hauling is a huge expense for hotels. Weil hotel aims to reshape the norms of hotel operations and part of the innovative operation methods will include recycling food waste into compost to be used as fertilisers for the hotel’s landscaping as well its own botanical herb garden.
Green Initiatives for the Weils Hotel